- There are three ways to become an OFMC senior member:
1. Active Membership
- The active membership in the Senior Division is either:
- Organizations formed for the purpose of promoting the study and performance of music such as adult music clubs, choral societies, choir festivals, and orchestral organizations, music teachers associations, family and other music groups shall be eligible for active membership.
- Local music organizations holding regular meetings for the transaction of business and presentation of a program specifically to promote a musical project are eligible for active membership in OFMC. All active organizations shall subscribe to the National Music Clubs Magazine in the name of the organization.
- To join an existing local senior club or OFMC-affiliated organization, contact the Senior Club President.
- Club treasurers will complete the Statement of Dues by September 30 of each year.
- Each club will receive notification in the Fall from the State Treasurer concerning their state dues.
- Dues are to be sent to the OFMC State Treasurer, Lelia Mitchell.
- District dues are to be sent to your District Treasurer. (For District Treasurer, click on District Officers.)
- Musician, artist, composer, or any person interested in the advancement of music.
- Senior Special: Includes subscription to National Music Clubs Magazine (quarterly): $50 per year.
- All checks should be made payable to “OFMC.” All new and renewal applications should be sent to the OFMC State Treasurer.
- Click here for the OFMC Senior Individual Membership and Renewal Form.
2. Contributing: $25.
3. Life: Exempt from payment of annual dues.
- a. Basic: Includes subscription to National Music Clubs Magazine (quarterly) for one year after acquiring membership. $200
- b. Subscriber: $1,000
- c. Donor: $2,000
- d. Patron: $10,000
- A subscriber, donor, or patron will receive a lifetime subscription to National Music Clubs Magazine (quarterly). Such members may change to a higher membership status upon the payment of the difference in fees between each classification.
- All Active Senior Members are eligible to participate in all local club, state (OFMC) and national (NFMC) activities.
- All checks should be made payable to “OFMC.” All renewals should be sent to the OFMC State Treasurer. Contact Lelia Mitchell, State Treasurer.
II. Associate Membership
- Includes groups organized specifically to promote a musical project (church choirs, other choral, opera, orchestras, and bands). Associate membership is offered to music organizations only, and not to individuals.
- 50 members or less: $10 per group.
- Over 50 members: $20 per group.
- All Associate Senior Members are eligible to participate in all local club, state (OFMC) and national (NFMC) activities only as a group.
- The active membership in the Student Division may be:
- Organizational- Musical organizations whose members are 19-26 years old.
- Offered to affiliated colleges in the 19-26 year age bracket, who do not wish active participation in the business affairs in the OFMC.
- Students in affiliated colleges and universities are eligible to participate in OFMC-sponsored competitions.
- The Associate Membership annual fee includes one subscription to OFMC News and the National Music Clubs Magazine, sent to the organization.
- Associate Annual Membership Fees (organizational):
- 50 members or less: $125
- 51-100 members: $175
Membership in the Junior Division of OFMC is open to individuals and organizations whose members are under 19 years of age on the date of the Festival
– Any member of Junior organizations, such as bands, orchestras, choirs and choruses may become active members and participate in the business affairs and activities of OFMC. Click here for the application form.
– An individual who is not a member of any federated club may become a special member upon payment of individual dues of $13. The teacher is required to be a member of the Federation also, either through an adult club ($6) or as an individual member (Senior Special), which is $50. Contact Lelia Mitchell, State Treasurer. Click here for the application form.
New club membership application dues:
For 16 or fewer: $52 For each additional member: $2.00
On time payment must be received by October 1, 2016. (See the renewal form for additional information).
Renewal membership dues:
For 16 members or fewer and received by October 1, $37.00.
Received between October 2 and October 15: $47.00.
Received between October 16 and November 1: $57.00.
Received between November 2 and December 1: $67.00.
For each additional member over 16: $2.00 each.
Students WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE to participate in the 2017 Festival if the teacher has not met the postmark deadline of December 1, 2016.
Membership fees include:
– One subscription to Junior Keynotes (quarterly) per club. If your club has additional teachers who send students to a Festival through your Jr. Club, they are required to subscribe to Junior Keynotes. (See Renewal form.) – One subscription to Ohio Music Club News (quarterly) – One subscription to the Music Club Magazine – Eligibility to participate in all activities including festivals (for active memberships) – One copy of Ohio Junior Composers Magazine, published each summer. – One annual directory, published in the Summer. – Festival Bulletin (every four years). One per club. Additional Bulletins may be purchased for $10. – Counselors receive a subscription to “Music Club” magazine.